Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Is it just me?  I'm having the hardest time getting myself to sit down and write lately.  I mean, there must be something left to say that someone else hasn't already covered or beat to death yet.  Then again I could just be bored .... to much time spent indoors and feeling a bit unproductive maybe? Or maybe it's the fact that my WILDBLUE (SUX) broadband limit was reached about 26 days ago.  This makes it extremely difficult to be able to do much of anything at all on the internet.  It's like having dial-up only worse than I remember dial-up to be.  Painfully slow.  Maybe I should try and find a dial-up router for times like these! heh  Do they even make them anymore?  Anyway.... No picture's today.

We may (or may not) have seen the last of freezing temps here.  I've got my fingers crossed.  The tomato's I set out last week are still alive.  I've been covering them at night for the past week.  I'm going to step up and be brave today and get some things in the ground. I really need to get the root bound peppers  into the ground.  I figure if another freak freeze comes thru I can just try covering them as well.  As for everything else, I'm going to start sticking seeds in the dirt as soon as the grounds ready for them. Today I've got 100 foot to work with.  It's still wet out there but maybe.... just maybe..... it will dry up enough to work before it rains again. 

I've got chicks trying to hatch right now.  I don't really know how all that's going to work out though. I'm no expert when it comes to anything, much less chickens.  I've got 4 hens sitting on two piles of eggs and they all went broody about a week apart.  I've found one dead chick that looked as though it might have been squished in the melee that happens when one of the hens gets of the nest to stretch a bit.  I just happened to be in the coop at the time, sticking my nose where apparently THEY didn't think it should be.  So I got a full head on attack by an angry mama hen!  Knocked my hat right off and scared the crap out of me.  Heh,... at least I got to see that there is one live chick in there so far.  That's a close as I want to get for now.




3 comments:

  1. Last week we were getting dumped on with 14 inches of snow, a couple days later we got another 6. Today, highs near 70 - how are people supposed to garden with this weather? I hope your freezing temps are done so you can get on with it! Good luck with baby chicks - you'll be an expert in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll come up with something as you are able to get outdoors and do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello friends beautiful sites.. I happen sites.. for example:
    tubidy tubidy
    has a beautiful setting can be downloaded via the mobile phone song.
    Available for the beautiful words also have a place at one site in the beautiful,
    waiting for the ayrılık sözleri
    ayrılık sözleri definitely going to be great for you.
    Finally I will introduce my site and very friendly nice friendships can be
    established in a webcam chat site address
    islami sohbet
    Waiting for an environment. islami sohbet
    certainly will change your understanding of chat is for you.

    ReplyDelete