Friday, December 3, 2010

Checking In

Just when I thought it was fixed.  My computer is toast. It needs a new hard drive. That's not going to happen anytime soon as there is no money to do it. So Mars and I will be sharing his computer for awhile.  That will take awhile to get used to but we will be just fine. I'm just glad we have one to share!

Mars has been working out in the garden again.  He decided to extend it some more.  Bigger is better as far as gardens are concerned right? He is turning the dirt by hand and trying to remove as much of the Bermuda grass as he can.   Bigger is better as far as gardens are concerned!  We got the soil sample back from the extension agency.  Looks like it will need a bit of phosphorus and nitrogen.  That shouldn't be to hard to do. MrsM has a friend who has cattle so we will go and get a load of  manure to work into the soil.  More on that later.

Mars has been working on the compost pile too.   He's been raking the yard and adding the leaves to the pile. It sure helps picking up pecans alot easier since we can see them better now. I can' believe
We had a good cold snap and the last of the leaves from the pecan trees fell,along with a whole lot more pecans.  We have all been picking up pecans like crazy. Next we will have to start shelling them.  That's the part where I have to try and shell more and eat less!  LOL

I had to make another trip to "the big city" yesterday.  I've been referred to another clinic.  Now they want to do all sorts of tests, most of which have been recently done by the last doctors I was seeing. What I don't understand is why they can't just use the information from the last tests.  Unless, of course, somehow they make their own $$ from it.  Which is probably the case.  The doctor I saw yesterday gave me a hard time about quitting smoking.  I told him I had no interest in quitting.  It's not like it will be what kills me!  It took me a little bit to understand why he did though.  He is trying to get me on a transplant list and if I am smoking then that is just another reason they could deny me.  So it looks like I am going to have to think about quitting.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It looks like there's a new cat in the neighborhood.  It showed up yesterday and has been doing nothing but eat.  And eat.  And eat.  Pretty little tom cat.  Let's just hope he doesn't leave us any surprises in the next few months! The last thing we need around here are more kittens that grow up and turn out to be cats!

                  ~~~  Hey ... I'm Just Sayin' ... ~~~


6 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone is really interested in quitting a personal vice. After all, it's a vice because you like it, right? I have heard lots of smokers (including Yeoldfurt) say they'd 'like' to quit but when you really discuss it with them, they wouldn't like to quit at all. They would hate quitting. They dread the very idea of quitting. It's just that some part of them recognizes a 'need' to quit ...because of the expense, because of the health risks, because of ...well, whatever.

    So I don't think people quit smoking because they were interested in quitting ...they just found their own personal motivation to quit. Maybe getting on the transplant list is your motivation. The decision is yours, Sci, but those of us who follow you and know you and value your friendship would LIKE to keep you around as long as possible.

    I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with HB, we would definitely like to have you around for as long as possible. So...yes the choice is yours to quit smoking, but if I have to, I will fly over (no not on a broom) to your place and poke holes in all your cigarettes like my brother used to do to our Mom. ;D

    Take care of yourself, my friend.
    Hugs & Love
    ~Fel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...that gives me an idea, Fel. A friend of mine told me a sure fire way to help a smoker quit. He said to take a strand of hair from a horse's tail and thread it on a needle. Use the needle to draw the hair through the center of a fresh cigarette ...snipping the hair flush with the tobacco at both ends. When the smoker lights up and tries to enjoy one or two of those, they are 'miraculously' cured of smoking. Ha!

    Want me to mail you some tail hairs, Fel?

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...HB and Fel are conspiring,yer in trouble now...

    ...here's one to try(bear with me)find out how many ya smoke in a day...say it's a pack(20)...buy twenty packs(gotta make up yer mind to do it and not smoke more cuz it messes up the gradual decline of dependance on nicotine)...every day take one cig out and throw it away...day 20 ya smoke 20...day 19 ya smoke 19...day 18 ya smoke 18,and so on

    ...this method worked for me,twice...i'm keeping track for my beginning avg as we type,gonna try again beginning Christmas day(i don't believe in New Year resolutions...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops...i meant day 1 smoke 20,day 2 smoke 19...etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe,
    Sure HB :D You might want to mail me some extra in case I decide to take the long way back home by going around Ken's place. ;)

    Hugs to you all
    ~Fel~
    (sorry Sci, you can have your blog back now :D)

    ReplyDelete