Monday, August 9, 2010

Hey.. I'm Just Sayin...

When I first started this blog it was pretty much for myself and a few friends and loved ones.  I am not trying to "pass off information" that may be life changing.  I never have.  I tend to write about what is going on in my life and some of the things that happen around me.  I am not trying to "prove a point" to anyone. For the most part these are my life experiences. I have my own ideas about things. And sometimes I can get pretty opinionated.  For example, My views on the state of our country are my views only.  When I rant about them ... that is exactly what it is ...a rant.

I enjoy sharing things that I have learned with others.  I may not always do things the way other people think I should but at least I make an effort.  I never realized that somehow, because I have a blog, I have be 100% correct in the things I write about. If that's the case I might as well quit right now.  I am not trying to change the world with this little blog of mine. 

Yesterday I posted an article that was emailed to me a few years ago. There were some great suggestions in it that I felt others would like to read as well.  I made sure to let you all know that that was what you were getting.  A friend left yet another comment that I disagreed with and before I even thought twice about it I deleted it.  After further consideration, I decided to repost it thinking that that would be the right thing to do.  Everyone has a right to their opinion, yes?

I let my feelings get in my way and for that I will apologize. I felt like I had been "punched in the nose" yet again. And I had a knee jerk reaction. A human trait, and one I really ought to work on.  I know that I am the one who chose to start this blogging adventure so I should be ok with folks stating their opinions. I mean hey... I put it out there in the first place, right?

  I suppose I should add a disclaimer somewhere that says these are my opinions only Don't try this at home kids. ..yadda yadda  yadda...

                                 ~~Hey... I'm Just Sayin....~~

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I know exactly how you're feeling and what you're saying.

    I'm a new blogger, and shoot, I don't even know what my blog is about yet. I think yours is fantabulous! We have to start somewhere and so, like you, I started out with my family and closest friends in mind.

    Out of nowhere anonymous voices starting showing up, and while I welcome the interaction (to help my fledgling audience grow) I dang sure don't need/want negativity.

    With all of THAT said, I read through your blog post in question ... and, now I'm offended, so I'm going to have to call the Attorney General.

    (Did I mention that sometimes my satire/wit sometimes gets misunderstood?)

    LOL

    You keep doing what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just post how you feel. We still love ya! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take most blogs as what they are...just people talking. I know how you feel, but just keep on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I too know how you feel, but just keep being you and if someone doesn't like it they don't have to keep stopping in, right?

    Our blog is eclectic like yours, it's thoughts and moments in our day to day life.

    Keep rambling "in your opinion", we look forward to it*wink*

    ReplyDelete